Address and opening hours
Prins Willem-Alexanderhof 5
2595 BE The Hague
The main entrance is through the revolving doors under the white letters ‘KB’.
- Telephone number: +31 (0)70 314 09 11
You can reach us by phone on Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Or you can send us your question online using the contact form (link soon available).
2509 LK Den Haag
General reading room
- Monday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Special collections reading room
Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m
Special opening hours:
- Thursday 12 January 2023: closed from 4 p.m.
- Monday 10 April 2023 (Easter Monday): closed
- Thursday 27 April 2023 (King’s Day): closed
- Friday 5 May 2023 (Liberation Day): closed
- Thursday 18 May 2023 (Ascension Day)
- Monday 29 May (Whit Monday): closed
- Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 December (Christmas): closed
You can only access the KB reading rooms if you have a membership pass or reading room pass. These passes are available from the counter inside the KB. Don’t forget to bring proof of your identity. You can also apply for membership in advance online.
Routes to the KB
As a visitor, you will have to pay to park close to the KB. You can park in the Q-Park CS New Babylon car park, for example. Directions to this car park from the A12:
- Follow the A12 into The Hague. The last section of the A12 is called Utrechtsebaan.
- Take junction 2 in the direction of ‘Centraal Station/Centrum-Zuid’.
- Follow the road to Prins Clauslaan.
- Turn left into Bezuidenhoutseweg.
- Go left into Pr. Irenestraat.
The car park is a 3-minute walk from our main entrance. Turn right and walk to the end of Pr. Irenestraat, then carry on to your left along Pr. Irenepad. The main entrance is through the revolving doors under the white letters ‘KB’.
This car park has parking space for the disabled people.
Coming by train, tram, bus or metro
The KB is close to Den Haag Centraal station. You can walk to the KB in just a few minutes:
- Leave Den Haag Centraal station through the exit next to Albert Heijn supermarket. You are now on Anna van Buerenplein.
- Cross Anna van Buerenplein diagonally to your right, until you reach the National Archive.
- Turn left.
- Follow the footpath until you see the main entrance to the KB on your right. The main entrance is through the revolving doors under the white letters ‘KB’.
You can bike along Theresiastraat right up to the main entrance of the KB.
You can leave your bike in one of the covered bike sheds next to the main entrance. They are available during opening hours of the KB and the Letterkundig Museum.
There is also a large, secure bike facility next to the station: Biesieklette Anna van Buerenstraat. This facility is free of charge and just a short walk from the KB.